Need some help navigating GalleySwap?
Thank you for your interest in GalleySwap! We hope you find site to be easy to use and navigate. Just in case you are having problems, here are some instructions for common procedures. If you still have problems or have any suggestions please don't hesitate to contact us.
Feel free to browse to your hearts content. When you are ready to share your own recipes all you need to do is register for a free account. This creates your personal profile. You can share as much or as little about yourself as you like.
Everything on this site is 100% FREE to view.
By signing up you will also be able to:
post your recipes and share them with users
- post your tips and advice so others can learn from your experiences
send and receive Private Messages and emails to other users
- connect with other users from around the world
chat with other like minded galley enthusiasts
Register/Create a profile
- Click on "Register" below the login fields
- Enter the required information
- Click register
- Check your email account for new mail from GalleySwap
- Click on the link in the email
- Login with your chosen username and password
- You can now post to GalleySwap and share with fellow galley enthusiasts!
Updating your profile
- After logging in, click on "Update Profile" in the User Menu
- Roll over Edit to expand the menu
- Click on 'Update Your Profile"
- Check all tabs to make updates (Profile, Portrait, Forum)
Posting Recipes or Tips
- After logging in, click on the "Submit a Recipe" or "Submit Galley Tips" option in the User Menu
- Enter a Recipe title
- Type your recipe into the main field
- Choose a Section
- Choose a Category
- You may add a photo by clicking on Image below the main text field and uploading an image.
- Another way to add an image is using the image button above the main text field and linking it to an image on the web.
- Last, click Save. Your recipe/tip is now published.
- You can also choose to publish the recipe/tip at a later date by entering another date into the Start Publishing field.
Posting a Web Link
- After logging in click, on "Submit a Web Link" in the User Menu
- Choose a name for your link (probably the name of the website you are suggesting)
- Choose a category
- Type (or paste) in the website's URL
- Add a short description
- Click Save
- Your suggested website is now published.
Viewing other Users
- After logging in, click on "Explore Users" in the User Menu
- Click on any name in the list
- You can also explore users who who are currently online by clicking on their username under "Who's Online"
Requesting a direct connection with another user
- In the users profile, roll over "Connections" above the user image to expand the menu
- Click on Request Connection
- You may choose to type a short message
- Click Submit
- The other user will have to approve your request
- After the request has been approved you will receive an email
Using the Forum
- To view the forum click on "Galley Chat" under the Community menu
- To be able to post to the forum you must be logged in
- For further instructions on using the forum please click here.